About Me

My photo
We are the Joneses! We were married on April 11, 2009 in Billings Montana. Our precious little girl, Elsie, was born on February 16, 2011 and she is the best part of our lives!

Blog Archive

Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's a......!!!!!!

Oops, you will have to wait until the end of the post. I always forget this thing does the opposite of what I want. Anyone who is reading this probably already knows what we are having anyway:)

It is hunting season. I figured I needed to document about it since the month of October is pretty much dominated by it. This is Derrik and his friend Cody "sighting their guns in" ? I think that is the lingo. Derrik shot a deer, I believe a 4 point, awesome! Hunting is foreign to me but I am slowly getting accustomed to it. Sadly, I'm not one of those good wives that go hunting or anything, I'll let that be my husbands hobby and I'll stick to my own:)



Derrik forgot to post about a funny part of our Yellowstone trip. We found some hoarders. You know the show, the one that makes you want to de-junk your house immediately and have a garage sale? This house had 7 cars out front packed with stuff! It was awesome. They also have deer for pets it seems:)


This is a picture of me with my cute little first graders on our Pumpkin Celebration day! We had a local lady who owned a pumpkin patch come and talk about how she grows the pumpkins. Then we cut one open as a class and the students got to mush and gush in the nasty goop. Then we counted the seeds in our pumpkin, and I was quite surprised how many were in there, almost 400! THEN the students got to decorate cookies, THEN they each got their own small pumpkin and decorated them with little foam stickers. Yes they were spoiled, but oh my goodness was it worth it! These are some comments I heard that day, "I love this school!" "This is the best day of my life," and " You are the best teacher ever!" And this is why I love my first graders!
On Friday of this past week was the Ririe High School Homecoming parade. We got to go sit on the lawn while fire trucks, cop cars, horses, and all the high school floats chucked candy at us. A confession: I teared up. Why? My students were literally too excited to even speak. They were screaming and falling over with excitement. Yes-it probably looked a little out of control, but it was so fun to see the joy they got from such a simple small town parade! Plus I tear up over really weird things, like the episode when uncle Jesse says goodbye to Michelle when he moves out.

Yesterday we went to my 20 week appointment and we got to find out the gender of our baby! I was so sure it was a boy, but I was totally wrong! It is a girl, and we couldn't be more excited! No for sure names yet, we tend to think of some and then get sick of them. Send ideas our way!
It was so fun to see the ultrasound! It was sometimes hard to tell what was what but we did get a good shot of her profile and her little feet! She was kicking away and it was fun to watch! I have been feeling her move a little here and there and that is so fun! It makes me smile every time!
Here is a picture of me at 20 weeks!

8 comments:

  1. Ahh Clairesky's you look so cute! We're so excited for you guys, and although I thought it would be a boy, we all know that bennions make girls:) You're first graders are so sweet, they remind me of my own kids, they are just so easily excited. Good job Derrik getting a deer, I really don't know if that's something you congradulate someone about, but you rock! Love you guys:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am already excited to meet your little girl! Children are so fun. I can just imagine your classes excitement! You are the best teacher ever! Good job on the deer Derrik! None of us Bennion girls know much about hunting but I am sure a 4 point deer is awesome! I really had a good laugh on your commentary with the pet deer etc. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Claire I feel so close to you... having a baby girl and your husband out sighting in his gun and shooting 4 points (way to go Derrik...where's the pictures?!) Your class looks like a lot of fun. I love the parade story and who wouldn't tear up over that episode of Full House?!? I'm so excited for you to have that baby Girl! I've always liked the name Kenna:) May I remind you that I named my first born after you... just something to think about! We can't wait for Thanksgiving! Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH this is like the best post ever!! first I love that you guys are having a girl! second I love you are the best teacher ever because I totally believe it! and third I know we have talked about the tearing up during that episode on full house! Oh watering eyes! :)I love you guys oh so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Girls are great and the Bennions know it :)We're so excited for you two. Claire, you sound like such a GREAT teacher. I would have loved to be in your class. (And by the way, I totally cried during that episode too)
    Derrik. I don't know anything about hunting either, but great job on the deer and congrats anyways :D See you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, a girl! How fun! Now you can start getting all the cute pink girly stuff and making bows and headbands, and all kinds of cute fun stuff :)
    I can't believe that hoarders picture! Oh my! How can someone have that much stuff? And deer as pets?! hahaha
    Oh, and congrats on the deer Derrik!
    You really do sound like such a great teacher! And your students sound sweet too!
    And, I am so glad you found our blog so we can be blogging friends :) yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay I have to admit that I laughed so hard about the whole tearing up thing when your class got so excited that I almost teared up myself. This is a classic Claire and Jen move that seems to randomly happen at the greatest moments. Also, it seems a congratulations is in order for Derrik... nice job on the whole deer thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Claire! Girls are so fun and so cute,especially for your first one. And I'm afraid I've got Kenna beat as far as naming our first born after you. I REALLY did name my first born after you, same spelling and everything! So, you know... it's obvious that you HAVE to name her Cindy. Then she would be named after her Grandmother and me. So there, it's settled.

    ReplyDelete