Well I'm starting out of order! Happy Birthday to Derrik! I'm not sure what face he is making, good thing he looks cute no matter what he's doing:) For Derrik's birthday we went on a fun date to the Outback and then to a Billings Mustangs baseball game!
This year for our Bennion Family Reunion we decided to add a "challenge." The Bennion Wellness Challenge to be precise! B.W.C. for short! :) It involved all of us making a goal in three areas: Diet, Exercise, and Spirituality. The idea was that we would all work on these goals leading up to the reunion. (April-August) Then we would vote on who won the coveted Bennion Trophy ( in previous years, it went to winners of the "Bennion Tennis Classic"-boy do we know how to have fun!) To add in some motivation, my dad said he would throw in a
"Benjamin"-think dolla bills!! for any of us who completed, or at least put in a good effort on our goals!! Boo yeah!!
Here we are with our Benjamins! My goals were: exercise 5-6 times a week, run a half marathon, NO sweets EVER, and read my scriptures and write in a gratitude journal every night, phew! It was a lot! I would say I completed at 90% Boy did I feel improvement in my life! It was such a fun thing to do!
And the winners, of this year's B.W.C...........Kenna and Jake! Woop Woop! They did amazing! Jake climbed like 5 huge mountains, read the entire bible, and Kenna read the Book of Mormon and exercised and I can't remember what else, sorry Kenna!:)
All the cousins waiting for the candy canon to go off!
Pretty much all of Elsie's dreams came true this day: her mom let her do whatever she wanted:)
Our main day of the family reunion we did a cousin's carnival! It was soooo much fun! Each of the siblings manned a booth. Kara did face paint, they all looked so cute!
Loved our shirts this year!
Derrik and I had "Ring Toss" so basically Derrik ran it and I took Elsie around and took pictures:)
Kenna takes such cute pictures and she did a fun photo booth! I wish I had her actual pictures that she took because they are adorable!
All the grandkids with grandma and grandpa!
I thought everything turned out so cute! We had carnival music playing.. it was seriously the best carnival I've ever been to! The bags had a water bottle with the grandkids names on them, tickets to do each booth, and their Bennion T-Shirt. They also got a prize for doing each booth so they put those in their bags too.
Our cute banner...and yes, a snow cone machine! Grandma and Grandpa thought of everything! :)
Out of order again, oops! The other main day of our reunion we went to Lake Elmo and had dinner, and a birthday party for Brynlee! We also rented a canoe, a kayak, and these cool paddle boards! It was seriously so much fun! I wish I had more pictures of that day..
After the carnival we played games! I'm not sure what this was called but the object was to get the most cheese puffs on the shaving cream covered shower cap! Ha ha!
Piñata!!
Cute Liam! I love his face paint!
Elsie and "gamma" :)
Again Derrik... cute face!! rarrrr!
Props for the photo booth! Mustaches, lips, and glasses!
Another picture of the candy canon! You stuff the canon full of candy and light it and it poof it shoots pretty far!
It was so much fun having everyone together. We are getting so big that its hard to be together all at the same time any more. I was so sad when it was over. Now we can look forward to next year!! Love you all!
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







What a fun family reunion! Wow - I'm impressed at all the effort and thought that went into it! And Elsie is so cute!
ReplyDeleteFUN! That looks like the best family reunion ever. I want to be adopted by the Bennion family :) Elsie is such a doll- she is getting so grown up! Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete