About Me

My photo
We are the Joneses! We were married on April 11, 2009 in Billings Montana. Our precious little girl, Elsie, was born on February 16, 2011 and she is the best part of our lives!

Blog Archive

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Return of Ramirez!

Derrik plays on an intramural flag football team every semester here at BYU-I. The team is mostly made up of old roommates and friends. Their team name is "I Love Ramirez" ( "sponsored" by a local mexican restaurant) This was Derrik's third championship win with the team, and they won one before he was on it. So four total for Ramirez!! (hence the gang signs they are throwin up in the photo.) Way to go Derrik! For the Fourth of July weekend we went camping with some friends (the Mortensens and Dan) and Derrik's parents, Hal and Kathy. We had a lot of fun! Including the annual rope swinging...
Derrik was really excited about doing some serious crawdad catching. He even bought a trap. The trap proved to be worthless, but with some persistence Derrik and his buddies caught something like 30 of these little beasts by hand!

I didn't swing this year, I was content being dry and safe:) We wanted to do some swimming/bathing but chose a time when it was about to storm and it was super cold! Hal was the only one brave enough to fully immerse himself! Not me! Again, dry and happy! This was another place we went swimming with some friends, it is called Monkey Rock and there is a pretty waterfall here.
We also visited the Civil Defense caves this summer with our friends. It was a fun time. I wasn't informed we were making squishy faces here.... We have had an awesome summer so far! Ahead of us is the Jones float trip and visiting Montana to see all of the Ben-yon-nays!! (Bennions) Derrik just finished yet another semester of school and is working a little bit until the fall. I just got a job teaching first grade in the fall so I am getting ready for that! My little sister Chloe will be joining the Rexburg crew this fall, and WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!! Also up ahead is a 10K beginning of September! My sister-in-laws Shondel and Heather are also running (Heather doing the half marathon-you go girl) so that should be fun!!
Thanks for reading:)








4 comments:

  1. looks like you two are having fun! we are excited for this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um I love how in the football picture Derrik is just standing like a loner awkwardly to the side! haha soo excited for you guys to come up here! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! Claire I'm like you, I'm happy dry and warm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MVP is supposed to stand apart from the rest of the team during championship pictures.

    ReplyDelete