About Me

My photo
We are the Joneses! We were married on April 11, 2009 in Billings Montana. Our precious little girl, Elsie, was born on February 16, 2011 and she is the best part of our lives!

Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Man Blog

I have realized that I only grace the world with man blogs in times of great tragedy (RIP Glozelle and Aspen...Two chest pounds and a point to the heavens). There has been yet another tragedy in the Jones household...The dynasty of Ramirez in summer flag football has come to a bitter and cold end.

This is my fourth and final summer at BYU-I. This is the fourth summer season that I have played in the advanced men's league in flag football. In the previous three seasons we have lost zero games. We were the bee's knee's of Rexburg flag football. People got chills when someone would utter "Ramirez". I have three tattered flag football championship shirts hanging out in my closet that get worn when I want to show the world that I am a winner.

In an opening prayer a few weeks ago, an adversary prayed, "Heavenly Father, we don't like Ramirez, we have wanted to beat them for three years...let this be the year." (No joke). We beat them, probably because Heavenly Father lacks an interest in who wins in flag football in Rexburg, Idaho and because we're Ramirez and we don't lose to chumps...That is until tonight.

Tonight we once again played in the championship, backed by a combined summer record of something like 32-0. Unfortunately, we lost by 6 and the myth, the legend, the dream of Ramirez was shattered. In a matter of one hour we went from a team of Super Senior superior flag football players to a team of Super Has Been's. (I had a pretty bad game, but to be fair, I am still recovering from a kickball injury sustained while monitoring the hoodrats at work)

As of about an hour ago I am officially retired from flag football. Reasons include...

I'm graduating in 3 weeks (Boo Ya)!
When I run 20 yards, I start to dry heave and get dizzy.
My joints hurt.
I am 8 years older than some of the lads that I play.

Ramirez is through. We are old. I think that we can all agree that the biggest loser in all of this is Mr. Ramirez himself. No longer will he have 7, slightly overweight, used to be handsome guys running up and down the field wearing his bright yellow shirts giving him free marketing. No longer will people leave the field oddly craving a tasty burrito or taco. RIP Ramirez. Two chest pounds and a point to the heavens to you.

Although I look oddly like a disabled coach in this picture, I actually played and contributed to the team. This was our 2010 championship shirt. I still wear this to feel like a winner.

Until another tragedy...



1 comment:

  1. Wow. 8 years older than some of the other guys? You are a super senior. Congrats on graduating.

    Move here. We are starting a co ed softball league on Fridays.

    Do it.

    You can have all the toothpaste you ever need for free!!

    Do it.

    You can't get a puppy, but I may let you get a new fish.

    Do it.

    ReplyDelete