Yesterday this is what I heard all day, "Your belly is getting bigger, your baby must be growing."-student, "You look like a butter ball"-another teacher that likes to talk to me a lot and is trying to get me to name my baby after her. Not a chance. If you knew her name, you would agree. "Your really starting to show"-another fellow teacher, "Wow, you just popped!"-friend
Ha! I love it! I am feeling great other than my capacity to breathe is significantly lower. I know I'm not to the point where everything is that squished-no, I'm just really out of shape. I have to tell the kids at recess that I can't do a lot of things and they always respond, "Oh yeah, you're pregnant." Like I'm a huge disappointment. And then our high school helpers who just happen to be cheer leaders come out to play and lift them up on the monkey bars and push them on the swings and I'm forgotten:)
I love being with six year olds all day. They are truely hilarious! I have literally written down somethings that they have said because I didn't want to forget. One girl in particular says the funniest things-and with such passion! For example: "I just love doing art, it brings my creativity alive!" and "I just love to be an American!" Everything starts with "I just" Another little girl is really huggy and clingy but in a cute way. Whenever I read them a story she is always hanging onto my leg, trying to tickle the top of my foot, or play with my hair! I just love em, they are too fun. I will miss them when I have the baby, I really am skeptical of letting a sub teach them!
Anyway, our lives are still the same.. Derrik schooling and me working... soon to be Derrik looking for a real life job and me being a mom! Who knew we were adults? I don't feel like one!
P.S. We have been settled in with two baby names for a while now, but I'm still open to suggestions! Derrik tries to refer to her with one name and I wont let him yet because I'm just not so sure! I feel like I have to see her first! We also need good middle name ideas!
Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh claire! I bet you are the best teacher ever! I just love to hear your stories. I remember being pregnant and all the weird comments you get or the complete strangers that would come touch my belly...I hated that! So here is my quote to you, "You are the cutest pregnant woman EVER!" LOVE YOU! :)
ReplyDeleteClaire, How fun to see your "growing" pictures. It still seems a little unreal that our babies are having babies! I am proud of you and Derrik taking on the real world! Ha! (I can just hear eveerybody laughing!) Wish I could come and be a fly on the wall in your classroom, it sounds like you've got some cute kids. Can't wait to see all of you kids in a few days. What names are you leaning toward?? love ya, mom
ReplyDeleteI, too, want to know what names you are leaning towards. I love reading the blogs you write because I can hear your voice come out and I feel like you are right here telling me about it.
ReplyDelete