About Me

My photo
We are the Joneses! We were married on April 11, 2009 in Billings Montana. Our precious little girl, Elsie, was born on February 16, 2011 and she is the best part of our lives!

Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Derrik!



Today is Derrik's birthday. This is a tribute to my Derrik. Also known as "Goose". When I met him his family and friends called him Goose. I felt shy about calling him that, probably because I had a crush on him but didn't feel like I knew him well enough to walk in punch him on the arm and say what's up Goose? So I have always called him Derrik. Others call him, Jones, Big D, D-Rock..... and you know you only get nick named when you're liked, so look at this guy, he has nick names up the ying yang!






When I first met Derrik I was instantly attracted to his kindness and funniness. He has always been so nice, to EVERYONE. He always made other people feel good about themselves. When you are around him, he makes you feel funny, cool, etc :)






I loved how Derrik took me to do out of the ordinary things. We never sat around. He always wanted to go outside and hike and play and have fun. We dated over a summer and I think of that summer as one of the best of my life:)






Derrik told me he had never told anyone he loved them. He then told me whoever he did tell, he planned on marrying them.... He then proceeded to tell me that he loved me a couple months later! Imagine my wheels a turning!






I decided, this boy treated me like a queen. He truely put me on a pedestal. He loved me, was kind to me, would do anything for me. He was so dang handsome (the kind of handsome that will still be there when he gets older is what I always tell him) SO dang hilarious, and good to the core. This boy has the most gentlest heart of gold.






He still has all these qualities. Still treats me so good, still makes me laugh HARD everyday, still makes everyone around him feel good. He will go out of his way to help people all the time.






He is 27 today!!!!!! Happy Birthday my love! Thank you for loving me and Elsie and being the best husband and dad ever!






I usually get squirmy when people get all publicly mushy, so squirm if you must! I will understand:)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Derrik! And we aren't getting squirmy at all- we are nodding our heads because we think he is the best too! :) We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete